Nearly 80% of today’s workforces are willing to relocate for the right job. When you elect to make that change, you hope it’s the right thing for your family and your career. However, the logistical challenges, emotional roller coaster and unrelenting stresses associated with a move across the country can be enormous.
This is where my life experiences can help you. Having been born and raised in Fargo and then moving around the world for 20 years, I’ve accumulated countless hours of personal experience with relocation. Combine that with the past 11 years of professional experience with relocation companies and transferring families, you know your move is in the right hands.
Part of my job, when you decide to take this step is to work with the relocation company that your employer has hired to help you. I have paperwork, deadlines to meet, updates to send and timelines to follow
More importantly, I have you to take care of! You’re not just a transferee, you’re my client. Whether you’re selling your home to leave the Fargo Moorhead area or just coming in, you are my priority. From helping you schedule showings in between movers, to speaking with relocation counselors about an offer, my hours are unlimited and my goal is a successful, stress-free move for you and your family.
As a relocation specialist, I have the knowledge and experience required to ensure that your move is successful by every measure.
When the first 20 years of your young adult life are spent being a part of something, that time will always be special to you. My family and I spent those first 20 years being an Air Force family and serving our country helped shape us into the family we are today. That’s why the men and women of the Armed Forces are so special to me.
Active duty and retired military members have access to certain benefits when working with home buying and selling programs offered through government associated entities. As a business owner, I am able and willing to match those benefits on my own with less hassle for you!
Being an active duty or retired military member, you’re eligible to receive anywhere from $350 to $6,000 back on an approved transaction working with me.
Benefits of working with Cat Yokom:
- You keep control over your transaction
- You don’t have to hassle with the paperwork and other red tape hassles that can be associated with relocation
- You do not have to be enrolled in any program to receive the cash back rewards I can offer
- You do not have to work with a Realtor® chosen by anyone but yourself
- You do not need any other party involved other than you and I to participate in this offer
Contact me today to talk to me about matching the “Cash Back” rewards eligibility offered through military reward programs.
Other than getting married or having a baby, not too many things rank as high on the stress meter than being a 1ST TIME HOME BUYER! And yes, it’s important enough to be in caps!
If you’re currently in an apartment, you at least know about paying your rent and utilities on time, but you might not have a lot of knowledge on how to obtain a loan, the definition of a down payment or the importance of having an inspection.
If you’re coming straight from Mom & Dad’s house, you may not know anything about home owners insurance and what exactly a Realtor® can do for you and how much all of this costs!
Well, I can help. I’ve been volunteering at The Village Family Services facilitating a portion of the Homebuyer Education Program several times throughout the year for many years now. I’ve seen countless potential buyers go through these classes. Everyone I’ve ever spoken with feel the class has left them better prepared for the experience.
Whether you take it or not, here are the two steps you need to take to get started. Of course there’s much more to the process, but
- Find a Realtor—are you surprised? As a buyer, the first thing you should know is that YOU do not pay any Realtor® fees. (This may not apply if we’re talking about For Sale By Owners). The seller pays those and therefore, there is just no good reason not to have someone representing you! As a seasoned, trained professional, this is my full time job…I can help!
- Get yourself to the bank—Stop in at your bank, get a name from a friend or ask your Realtor! Your mortgage lender will tell you exactly how much you can afford to buy based on your debt, your income and your credit score as well as how much you’ll need for a down payment. You need to be pre-approved by a lender before any seasoned agent will take you to see homes.
- Stop spending—Staying within a budget is always important, but no more so than at this time. Your lender will continue to check your bank statements and expenditures and needless spending could price you out of the home you’re looking for.
- Searching for homes—Communication is key! Your Realtor® is searching for homes based on the information you’ve given him or her. You already know what price range you’re in but there are so many more variables…location, style, what are your needs and priorities?
- Making an offer—Your agent is there to negotiate for you. You’ll spend some time talking about the list price vs. what you’d like to offer, taking into consideration the type of market you’re in and what else you’re asking for. Other terms such as the closing date, the closing costs you’re asking the seller to pay, personal items you’re asking for are all part of the offer as a whole.
- Getting the loan—There is no end to the amount of paperwork involved in a real estate transaction…really! And your lender is no exception. After your offer has been accepted, it will be submitted to the lender. The lender will require lots of information from you and you’ll have some deadlines to meet so be ready.
- Insurance—You’ll be required to have it so start calling around. Or once again, ask your friends or your Realtor® for a referral.
- Closing—There will be many details between this step and your first step, but eventually you’ll get here. This process can be exhilarating, and scary, fun and exhausting. It can also be the most rewarding thing you’ve done in your life to date.
If you put yourself in the hands of a caring professional you’ll be glad you took these steps…so call me!